Thursday, February 26, 2009

Post ist Tot!

Today i learned that my insurance company 'tried' to contact me via direct mail for over one year and a half...yet since i was traveling due to work, i did not get my post or even if i did...amongst 500 posts that i receive, i failed to see their mail, notifying me that my bank did not accept to automatically transfer premiums from my account to the insurer's account...


The issue is now clarified thanks to a lady in the insurance company, who thought about sending me an email, warning that 'I need to pay NOW NOW...' Well...thank you email....I literally declare today that direct mail is dead...not sure why companies still try to intervene our lives by directly mailing....still..in a digital world....where even people meet online and get married...:)


My advice to the companies who want to transform themselves and adapt to the New Brave World with unimaginable number of interactive potential...is to use digital form of interactive communication as their mainstream communication channel....The old world companies still want to monologue with their customers...we tell the customer....many many times...if the customer does not respond...well what else could we do??? they need to understand that they should not keep killing trees....to send direct mails to the customers....Who wants to keep direct mail business is the National Post Companies...not the customers:)...
Customers want interaction and feel valued:)

No comments:

Post a Comment